2012/04/26

Where's my weekend already?

No, really. Why isn't it here yet? It has an extra day, for crying out loud!

I want tomorrow to be over so I can get this damn speaking test out of the way. I still don't know how I did so well on my first speaking test, but I'm actually pretty worried about this one. When you lump all of the lessons that include honorific and humble verb forms with passive, causative, and passive-causative crap, along with a load of other small grammar points, and there's a lot of stuff to try and remember. The test is two parts: interview-like questions, and role play scenarios. Both have specific questions and such from each lesson to cover grammar points, and we choose one lesson for each part randomly. The role play section is going to kick my butt. It's basically memorizing six dialogue checks at the same time.

On top of that, I still need to finish half an essay to turn in tomorrow as well. I'm glad my kanji homework is done already. My translation instructor would prefer it if we turn in our homework for next week tomorrow because no class is held on Monday. I'd like to get it done, and I'm two-thirds of the way through. I also need to finish researching and making Powerpoint slides for my noh presentation to e-mail to a group member this weekend. My personal research paper for that class can thankfully be put on the backburner for a day or two. Just let me get through the smaller assignments first.

The upside to having speaking tests tomorrow is that as soon as I'm done with mine, I have no more class to worry about for the rest of the day. A six-minute test at 9:30 in the morning, and then I'm free for the long weekend.

Until I spend Saturday in the library for reading and research purposes, that is.

Right now, I'm armed with some potato chips, MOUNTAIN DEW (yes, Mountain Dew. 7-11 down the street now sells it.), Vocaloids are blasting from the headphones, and this essay is going down.

Then I'll get back to memorizing crap for the speaking test of doom.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment