My feet hurt like hell, and I'm working on keeping my leg muscles stretched out to avoid any potential charlie horses and shin splints later.
THAT'S WHAT I GET FOR WALKING AROUND THE ENTIRE DAY.
Seriously, I wanted a pedometer today, just to see how many steps I took and how far I walked. Between yesterday and today, I believe I've covered about 10 kilometers, and I'm just going to be adding more tomorrow.
Got up this morning and took the train out to Fushimi Inari Shrine. It was cloudy yet very muggy, so it wasn't fun to wander the mountainside in, but I did it anyway. I got to a point where I started to count the number of stairs I hiked up to keep my mind off of tiring myself out. That was fun for a little bit, but was abandoned rather quickly--I kinda lost count at one point and gave up. Had fun wandering the shops in the area, too.
Got back to the train station and went, "I'm on the right train line, so WHY NOT GO TO NARA FOR THE REST OF THE AFTERNOON?" So I bought a different ticket and rode the train to Nara.
As I was heading to the park, I stopped into a little arcade and blew 300 yen in a grab machine, attempting to get a key chain. This machine had all the prizes hanging by little pieces of yarn, and you maneuver a little two-pronged fork and use it to pull the yarn out of the hole it hanged from. Almost had one, but ran out of money, so I gave up and finished walking to the park.
HOORAY FOR GETTING ATTACKED BY LITTLE DEER. The end.
Walked further up the road to Todai Temple and saw the great Buddha inside. Pretty amazing sight. Yes, I'll share pictures.
After the temple, I walked back through the park, got attacked by more deer, and because it was nice and sunny (although very windy), I bought a green tea-vanilla ice cream cone. It was delicious.
I stopped in the arcade again on my way back to the station, and the key chain I almost won was still dangling by a thread. GUESS WHO HAD MORE CHANGE TO PLAY WITH? After a couple more minutes and exchanging two bills for coins, I left with four key chains! I was getting really good at that type of machine.
They're Vocaloid key chains, if you really want to know. I'll share a picture of them later!
Arrived back in Kyoto, about two hours ago, got food at Lawson because the sushi joint I wanted to eat at was packed with people. When I stumbled through my dorm room door, I had one of my roommate's ask if I was in Nara earlier. Apparently he went as well and passed me walking down the street. I gave him some travel tips for Hiroshima and wandered downstairs to the living room. Ate dinner, did some homework, and now I'm on the computer typing all this crap up.
So... TIRED. I think I'll be sleeping well tonight. Gotta get up in the morning and wander around even MORE before I grab a train back to Nagoya.
Until tomorrow! Picture will be up soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment