It would also be nice if I knew what I was writing is what my instructor wants to see. He's turned vagueness into an art. I am, however, tying the play that I'm using as the core of the paper to real life and historical events and analyizing it from there. It's about half done, and now I just have to work on the beginning of the paper.
But I might take a minute to throw together a slide or two for the group presentation on Tuesday. I swear, I haven't forgotten to do that. It's just that Powerpoint slides will take me five minutes, where a 10-page paper will take a bit longer.
Oh yeah, I also need to do my last little essay for my writing class. Oh, and just plain out study for my translation and writing finals. >___<
I was really looking forward to going bowling with a few people from the dorm this afternoon...
THE PERSON WHO WANTED TO ORGANIZE IT WASN'T EVEN THERE WHEN HE SAID TO MEET AT THE COMMON ROOM. It's Golden Week, so of course people are going to travel when they don't have work or school to worry about. So, I ended up working on my paper before walking down to the grocery store for food. I was going to put forth the effort to hang out with fellow students, but there was no one to hang out with. I also didn't have enough money to go by myself, because I'm assuming the price we were given was for a certain number of people or more. -___-
I don't want to go to the dorm meeting tomorrow night. Discussion of the farewell party on the 14th will happen, but I'd rather not be around as soon as I get done with my Japanese final that morning. I have the rest of the week for a bit more travel before I have to be back for closing ceremonies on the 19th. Hmm, let's see... Loud obnoxious party... or traveling... I really don't see an argument about what to do.
If we're going to be talking about room check-out procedures, I've already spoken to our caretaker. He's told me what I need to do, and we've scheduled a time when he's going to check my room for cleanliness and such. Oh, I'm also not planning on paying over a hundred bucks for a taxi ride to the airport when I leave. I'm quite content dragging my suitcases onto the subway and then onto the train to the airport for 13 bucks instead. It's not the first time I've dragged all of my shit around by means of public transportation. And hey, I'll be on the train by 5:30 that morning, so I don't really have to worry about rush hour yet, so XP to you, expensive taxi.
I was also walking past campus today and thought this was really pretty:
Yup, it's spring, and it's getting warm and sunny, with the occassional rain shower!
Pff, I also found this one funny. As Malia and I weren't able to go to the baseball game last Thursday, we went to the neighboring shopping mall, as I know I've already told you. But we ran across a store that made us feel like we were in another country:
And according to random people on Facebook, there was an earthquake like, two hours ago, but I didn't feel a thing, and it's not showing up on the earthquake tracker on the USGS site, so it's not important. The most recent one that occurred around that time was a 4.5 100 km east of Tokyo. There was also a little quake up near Vostok about an hour or so ago...
I LOVE THE REAL-TIME EARTHQUAKE MAP! It's very exciting to see what the earth is doing!
(UPDATE! There was just a quake measured somewhere in the Indian Ocean!)
Yup, I'm back to homework now. Until tomorrow! ^_^v
No comments:
Post a Comment