I'm twelve hours away from my language final, so yes, I've been studying on and off all day today. I tooka break for an *almost* two-hour walk just to get out of the dorm and get some fresh air. I was first blinding by a beautiful red sun setting behind the mountains. It was behind a light veil of clouds that filtered excess rays so you saw nothing but a giant red ball. Sadly, I knew I didn't have enough time to run back into the dorm, find my camera, and run back out for a picture before it sank behind the horizon.
I continued to walk through the neighborhood, then I circled around campus, then I turned up one of big streets that border campus and walked up to neighboring Nagoya University (and I won't lie, this didn't make any sense in my head when I typed it out because it's always been Nagoya Daigaku).
Then I circled back toward my campus and hitched a left to the local TV tower and past to the big tennis park and back, then hitched another left and went passed the hospital where I normally walk, then I stopped on a pedestrian crossing above the street, just watching the traffic drive underneath my feet. Then I figured I should head on back and get to studying again.
After my walk, my headache has disappeared and my nerves feel at ease. It's the first true feeling of inner peace that I've had in a good week, if not longer.
I'm ready to kick this semester to the curb and show this language final who's boss. I'm ready to get things of mine packed up and sent home. I'm ready to greet this new life of mine with strength and open arms.
Until tomorrow~~
No comments:
Post a Comment