2012/03/23

I LOST MT. FUJI!!

I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY TO BE OUT OF TOKYO RIGHT NOW!! Gyah, the only reason I'm going back tomorrow is to catch our bus back to Nagoya. If I never go back, I won't be heartbroken.

We left this morning to catch a bus to Mt. Fuji. UNFORTUNATELY the weather took a turn for the worse.

It's been cloudy and rainy and bordering on snow since we arrived at the mountain. Right now, THERE'S NOT A WHOLE HELL OF A LOT TO SEE. We're a minutes walk from some of the local lakes and apparently there's a Mt. Fuji outside of our balcony, but it doesn't seem to be there...

Yeah, it kinda sucks, but this is my room at our new hostel:


We have a tatami mat room! Very cool.

This hostel and the one in Tokyo are both part of the same chain, but this one IS FAR MORE SUPERIOR. There's actually SPACE. There's a kotatsu set up in one of the common rooms downstairs, there's a very nice dining area, a TV room with AMAZING beanbag chairs to lounge in, and A VERY LARGE KITCHEN. We got here a little before lunch time, so we threw some rice into the rice cooker, walked to the grocery store for food, and came back and cooked curry! There's still some left in the fridge, too! YUM.  Tonight there's a sushi party for the hostel's five-year anniversary.

Oh yeah, the kitchen that I want to steal:



Here's hoping the clouds will clear up a bit before we have to go back to Tokyo to catch our bus to Nagoya tomorrow...

Until then! ^_^v

No comments:

Post a Comment