TEA. I don't know I've managed without buying tea since getting here, but I really want a box of tea. The past two days have been quite windy and extra cold. I bought a bottle of hot strawberry milk tea from the vending machine after class this afternoon and walked back to the dorm with it stuffed under my jacket to keep its temperature. It was a very tasty treat, and then I went, "WHY DO I NOT HAVE TEA IN THE CUPBOARD?" *angry face*
So, tomorrow after class wraps up and I grow tired of Japan Plaza (see below: Japan Plaza), I'm walking to the post office for stamps and to throw stuff in the mail, then I'm walking to the store for TEA. Coffe-type beverages. SOMETHING HOT TO DRINK WHILE STUDYING IN MY ROOM. I NEED IT, DAMMIT!!!
Had my first lesson test in class today. The thing that will trip me up on all of my tests: listening comprehension. Back at Pacific, we would go talk to our professor after we finished the written section of the test. We did very little listening comprehension. Here, in our language lab periods, I have to replay a recording four or five times to understand what's being talked about and be able to find answers to questions on a worksheet. I do hope to become faster at this process, but those three questions on the test did not go well. Other than that, I felt fairly confident in how I did on the rest of the test. We'll see what the grade is soon!
Okay, time to wrap up a bit of homework, make corrections to an essay, and study vocab for tomorrow's vocab quiz. Until tomorrow! ^_^v
Additional note: Japan Plaza is a little lounge where all of us Japanese language students can go practice our speaking skills with fellow Japanese students. We can also get help on homework and such. The biggest rule: COMMUNICATE IN JAPANESE. If you want to use other languages, go check out the World Plaza. The biggest rule there, however, is not using your native language. As an English speaker, I can go and talk to those who are studying English and help them practice, but that's pretty much it. They have times blocked out for all different languages to meet, including Spanish, German, French, and Zulu.
No comments:
Post a Comment