Just grab somebody and light the place up
Light the place up, yeah!
If you're a beautiful freak
NO SLEEP! Light the place up
Light the place up, yeah! ~Hot Chelle Rae, "Beautiful Freaks" lyrics
So, it's been basically forever since I stayed out all night. Sure, I've pulled all-nighters for school and let's don't forget not sleeping for two days right before arriving in Japan. But to spend all night in the city having one hell of a time? Oh, and IN JAPAN NO LESS.
A few of us got together for a bit of a birthday party. That explains yesterday's super short post with no details--I wasn't here to do anything else! Dressed up a bit, threw on the dancing shoes, and ran out the door! Meeting at Nagoya station, we first walked over to Sweets Paradise for a bit of food--er, sugar. Cute little cafe. It did have very tasty pasta and sandwiches, but as the name implies, it's more-or-less a dessert buffet. SO. MUCH. CAKE. SO. DELICIOUS. *immediate stomachache from thinking about all that sugar again*
After dinner--er, dessert--we hopped on the subway back to Sakae station to head to ID Cafe for a night of dancing. I'm not very big on the clubbing scene, but sometimes I just need the bright lights and loud bass pounding in my ears. It's like an escape from anywhere else. There's something that different between ID and the clubs I know back home, but I don't quite know how to describe it. Doesn't matter. It was still an awesome time.
We left a little bit before the club closed for the night, next walking over to an overnight karaoke bar. There were quite a few people there in the wee hours of the morning. Grabbed a room for a couple hours, ate food, sang songs, and napped before heading back to the subway to go home. Karaoke was fun, but I think we all thought it was a little too much after being out at ID.
I GOT BACK TO MY DORM AT SEVEN THIS MORNING. My feet are killing me from all the dancing and walking, and I've only managed about three hours of sleep right after getting back. I'm dead tired, and I still have homework to finish (I managed to fall asleep in the middle of a worksheet and missed a dorm potluck downstairs :c ). Don't worry. It was worth a fabulous night on the town.
Signing off to wrap up homework and hit the sack. Until tomorrow! ^_^v
No comments:
Post a Comment