Because I'm the new person in the house, I have to learn the rules.
Sakiko, Flo, and I all take turns taking out the garbage each week. This week Sakiko is showing me where I put which bag of trash on what day. Burnable trash gets picked up two mornings a week, plactic packaging and wrappers another day, PET bottles another day, etc. It was a little confusing to get used to at first, but I have a feeling I'm going to try to do this extensive trash sorting when I get back home. The recycling center in Durango better get its ass in gear so I can actually recycle things this summer.
We also make a 300 yen apartment donation a month to buy things we share, like garbage bags, soap, etc. We take turns cleaning the bathroom area and kitchen and all that jazz. I've also been informed of monthly meetings with everyone who lives in the dorm building.
Yeah, good things to know.
Side note: had my first day of my calligraphy class. I could have saved a bit of money if I brought my own ink and brushes. Did I? NO. Where are they? In the storage unit in OREGON. Yeah, so I have brand spankin' new brushes and new ink sticks to use.
I'm declaring myself done with homework for the night. Yeah, there's been a lot of writing, listening, and kanji... my brain's done thinking for the night now...
Until tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment