2012/01/30

Three weeks! Huzzah!

Well, alright!!

School is now off and running and I've been staying preoccupied with homework. Study for a quiz here, write and essay there, memorize this dialogue, and read a lot of stuff. Vocab and kanji have been playing non-stop in my mind. Yup, school is once again trying to take over my life.

Three weeks still hasn't amounted to any decent traveling or sight-seeing yet, but that should be changing next week during break. Kyoto and *possibly* Hiroshima. Yay go traveling! Except the traveling part. Why can't I just teleport to where I want to go? I'd like going places much more if I could only teleport. I'll... just stop whining there and save your time and patience.

I'm also very excited that two more of my classmates from Pacific have arrived at Kansai Gaidai! I can't wait to until we all have a chance to hang out together! Woooooo!!! Along with another classmate at Nagoya Daigaku, please wish us luck in our studies this semester!

Culture shock is now no longer much of an issue. I'm more comfortable going places on my own and more comfortable talking to people I don't know. I even asked a gentleman for directions when I got lost the other day--the best part was, I understood them and found my way to where I wanted to be! Huzzah!

I'm getting braver to go sit and talk with other students in Japan Plaza. Went again today, and once again had an entertaining conversation about Valentine's Day. Also was able to get some homework done then as well...

SO ABOUT DOING HOMEWORK. Yeah, I haven't touched it since this afternoon and really need to finish it and memorize a dialogue for tomorrow and go over kanji for a quiz tomorrow.

So, I'm wrapping this entry up with this quick, randomized summary of the past three weeks:

School's going good, lotsa homework, ALIEN REGISTRATION, curry, dancing, karaoke, cold weather, trash duty, MILK TEA, odd washing machines, Nagoya Castle, optical shop found, travel plans, and after walking past it every time I go to the subway I've fallen in love with this dress:


I've also classified the birds that I've seen--or rather, heard--over these recent weeks: the crows, the pigeons, the squeakers, and the screechers. Pigeons are dumb sky rats no matter where you are; the crows sound as though they're laughing at you as you walk by; half of the "songbirds" sound like squeaky dog toys, and the other half sound as though they're suffering an agonizing death.

OKAY, I'M GOING INTO DO MY HOMEWORK.

Until tomorrow! ^_^v

One last note: I've been keeping up on this post-a-day goal of mine! Wooo! I'm rather proud of this! Alright, time to say g'night now!! ^_^v
 

No comments:

Post a Comment