First and foremost, I am grateful for the love and patience that I am shown by my family and friends. My caring mom was my initial shove into this whole idea of practicing mindfulness and to get my thoughts to more work with me instead of against me. When my thoughts compound on each other is when I can’t control them and I crater under the ensuing panic. Feeling each thought individually is so much harder than I can describe, but allowing myself just a few minutes of calm and quiet each day, I feel, can help my sanity in the long run.
My amazing wife has seen me at my best and has been there to pick me up at my worst. I know that I cause her so much worry and frustration, especially when I can’t get my words across and let her know precisely what is eating at me. Through all those times, she has never told me to just get over it. When all I can do is curl up into a ball and cry, she’s there when I have no more tears to shed and she listens when I can get my thoughts straight. She always gives me a reason to smile again and carry on. I’d be lost without her.
I am blessed to have friends who understand when I just can’t deal with people. I am blessed to have friends that I can share a night full of laughs with, but won’t push me if I decline to do so.
I am grateful to have the means to survive. There is a roof over my head, there is food to fill my stomach, and there is a job that provides the income for it all. I have reliable transportation to get me to work. Is it a walk in the park? No, not all the time, but I have enough to get by, and that’s all that matters right now. I do have the ability to get by every day, and that’s a pretty good place to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment