Our day of Thanksgiving has come and gone, and now I sit and reflect on it...
I was unable to spend the holiday with my own family again this year. Compared to last year, my heart hurt a little more. Yes, I understand that there will--and have been--times when we all can't be in one place at one time, especially for the holidays, and everyone in my family understands this, too. The truth really does suck sometimes...
Even so, I had a pleasant Thanksgiving this year. I was once again invited to California to stay and celebrate with the Nowlin family. Being a part of the household took some of that hurt in my heart away. It was wonderful to be included in everything, from chopping potatoes for dinner to scanning Black Friday newspaper ads to pictures! The day was made brighter when I was able to talk to both my mom and dad on the phone for a little bit, as well as zapping texts to my brothers and a handful of friends.
I am thankful for the feeling of being wanted and being loved, no matter the distance between.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment