2012/06/19

I LIVE!!


I BLEW MY BLOGGING STREAK.

I'm kind of disappointed in myself for not keeping up with my post-a-day plan since getting back home. I will first blame it on not having quick 'n' speedy internet access every day. I will also blame it on work and complete lack of energy after the days are done. Lastly, I will flat out say I've been too lazy to come up with anything to write each day.

But I've decided to resurrect my poor blog and keep writing in it from home. Because of my lack of internet, I can't promise I will get something up each day, but I'll sure try to post every now and again.

I've been back in Colorado for almost a month, and, since my last post, I'm functioning in the correct time zone and I still know how to drive my car—on the RIGHT side of the road rather than the LEFT, by the way.

I'm also proud to announce that I passed all of my classes from this spring semester. I still feel my grade in my noh history class is completely bogus. I participated in all of the discussions in class, I wrote my paper, I was a part of my group presentation, and I only missed lecture because of a migraine. After all that, I got a C. I won't lie—it pissed me off royally when I saw that on my report card as it is going to affect my GPA up at Pacific (just when I was getting it on the mend, too). Other than that, it was all A's and B's, and I can't complain about that.

Yes, there's a place in my heart that deeply misses Japan. I loved being able to live in a different country and experience the culture firsthand. I can say that my skills in the language have increased, even if it's just by a handful of kanji. Really, learning a foreign language is an ongoing process and you'll never stop learning. You also need to practice on a regular basis or pieces will be lost. Go on, ask me how my Spanish is because I don't use it as often as I should. *cough it's terrible cough*

 I still reflect on the places I was able to visit and spend time in. I miss Hiroshima and I miss Fuji even more. After spending time in Tokyo, Denver was a manageable city to me when I first came back.

Apart from the new friends that I made, one thing I really miss is the transportation. I miss the subways and trains as they were quite convenient and I could be from point A to point B in a matter of minutes. It was nice to have trains that connected the entire country together.

I also have no reason to ever go to McDonald's here until they put Japan's shrimp burger on the menu.

With that said, I've settled into my summer routine of work, work, and more work as a wonderful mix of housekeeper and babysitter, with a few more titles thrown into the mess. I'm beginning to prepare for my final year at Pacific. It's my senior thesis year, so I'm trying to figure out my topic to research. Did I mention that this has to be in Japanese. Yup, it has to be in Japanese. *headdesk*


Anyways, it is time for work! Until next time! ^_^v

No comments:

Post a Comment