One month. One month and I'll be heading up to Denver. I'll have a day to spend with family and perhaps even friends, and then I'll hopping on a plane for the first leg of the journey to Nagoya.
Yeah, I'm trying not to think about it very much. However, I have found it very hard to stay in the present and keep my mind on what I need to do, say, tomorrow. So, I figure I'll make a list of things to do before the end of the semester next week:
CALL PORTLAND CONSULATE and verify if I am able to apply for my visa while I'm still here rather than having to make a special trip to Denver while I'm home. If I can, then I'll be there as soon as the office opens tomorrow morning to turn in my application and such. Now that class is over, I HAVE TIME TO DO THIS.
Go and finish my last printmaking project with Patricia today. Sadly, I killed my paper pattern for my silk screen during a test print and need to try again. I need to redesign the pattern, recut it, and make sure it prints perfectly on paper before I print on my scarf. So excited to see the finished product, and if it will indeed mirror the image I have in my head!
Complete my final draft of my dance history paper and have it ready to turn in on Monday. I will need to spend a little bit of time in the library for those final little notes I want to add. Yay footnotes! -___-
Prepare for final printmaking presentation and critique Monday afternoon, followed by final group presentation in dance history. In theory, this should be simple to do.
Drill vocab, grammar, and kanji lists like NO TOMORROW for Japanese final Tuesday morning. I also need to remember to pick up my last essay so I can prepare for the speaking part of the test. The kanji and grammar drilling will also be quite useful in preparing myself for next semester.
PACK ALL MY SHIT UP AND THROW IT INTO STORAGE. I'm proud to say that I have the books that aren't vital for my survival in their tub and ready to go. I will also be figuring out exactly what NEEDS to come home with me (just to be tossed into my storage bins in the garage) and what NEEDS to come with me for MY SURVIVAL IN JAPAN.
Move out of the apartment, make sure the car's ready to hit the road, go find a new audio book or two to keep myself entertained in the car, AND HEAD HOME. Heading home also includes stopping in Vegas to see my brother! Hooray for a free couch to sleep on!
I still don't think the semester should be over. I swear, I don't remember half of it. Where did it go, and why did it speed by in the blink of an eye? Okay, let's just make it through this next week, and then we can begin to worry about Japan more...
No comments:
Post a Comment